The outrageous novel coronavirus tends to continue spreading around the globe. With this, there has been an increase in a number of questions amongst the mass regarding what to do for saving ourselves. Is it safe to travel abroad or within the country? How to take our care while we are on our way back home from a foreign trip? And many more complicated questions have come from the people.
Keeping all this panic amidst the people in mind, the government officials are continuously in discussion with the healthcare providers. They are making sure that they get the proper solution. The government health departments are regularly updating people with effective COVID-19 travel advice that can help people in safe travel due to the emergency.
Tips for Travelers to Protect Themselves from COVID-19 CoronaVirus
COVID-19 has become a pandemic disease now and has led to the closure of international borders. Almost all the countries have restricted their travel without any prior notice. So, here are some measures which you need to take before you plan a travel or after you arrive back.
Advice on Travel To Prevent from CoronaVirus
On the first hand, the government had advised not to travel or cancel the travel plans if you have made any. So, if in case, you want to change or cancel your travel plans, then you need to follow the given steps.
- Get in touch with your airlines, travel agent, or any other transport providers you have booked
- Contact your Insurance Provider
- Follow the NHS coronavirus guidance properly
Follow if You are on Travel During Corona Virus
If you have emergency travel, then it a must for you to follow the COVID-19 travel advice given below.
- Better to avoid contact with people
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, nose, or ears with unwashed hands
- Make sure you wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water. If there is no soap and water in the vicinity, then it is mandatorily advised that the traveler needs to carry alcohol-based sanitizer. The sanitizer you carry should contain at least 60% alcohol.
- Advised to clean hands after you go to washroom, sneeze, cough, or blow your nose
- Avoid travel if your health condition is not good
Steps to Follow if Travelled these Cities
The list of countries that are hit by COVID-19
- Vatican City
- San Marino
If any of you are returning back from the aforementioned cities in the last fourteen days, then go through these tips.
- You will be screened at the airport for the novel coronavirus
- After that, you need to stay at home in self-quarantine, since the incubation period of the virus is 14 days. For the next 14 days, you can keep a check on your health, incorporate social distancing. For people, who do not know, social distancing is staying away from the crowd, avoid mass gathering, and maintain distance from other people.
Steps to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 after Travel
There are certain steps that you need to follow if you have just traveled back and are under self-quarantine.
Stay at home and get medical care
- People who have started showing mild symptoms of COVID-19 can get recovered at home. Do not leave your home, except when you need medical care.
- Always stay in touch with your doctor and make sure that you get proper care from the doctor on time.
- Deter using public transportation
Isolate yourself from other members of the family
- If possible, stay in a sick room which means away from people. Also, make sure you use a separate bathroom.
- Avoid touching your pets and any animals, the same way you do it with animals. Till now there are no reports of COVID-19 in animals but still, it is better to stay away from them. Let your other house member take care of your pet and you stay away from it.
Wear on a Facemask
Make sure to wear a facemask whenever you are on travel and also after coming back.
Cover your face
- Always make sure that you cover your face when sneezing or coughing
- Then throw the tissue paper in the trash and burn it
Precautions for Hands while Travel
- Carry alcohol-based hand sanitizer with you and make sure that you use it after every time you touch your hands on anything that can be infected.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, mouth, and any other body part with unwashed hands.
- Make sure that you wash your hands for 20 seconds and that too with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Deter sharing items
- Do not share your things with any other member of the family.
- After using anything make sure that you wash them nicely with soap and water.
Disinfect all the surface of your room
- Get the isolation room of yours cleaned every day by the caretakers. They will disinfect your room with the disinfectants, to, reduce the effect of the virus. Ask the caretaker to wear a mask and then disinfect the room for their protection.
- Also clean the area that has any type of bloodstain, urine, stool or any type of body fluids.
Keep a Check on your Symptom
- Check-in with the doctor and have a look at the improvement if any. Always keep wearing the facemask as a safety for yourself and others.
- Always follow the instructions of your healthcare professionals for proper recovery.
These were some sure shot and mandatory COVID-19 travel advice which will help you before, while or after traveling. At this hour, we all need to create a world full of awareness, to, make it a better place to live.